If your precious smartphone gets water spilled on it, or falls into a bowl of water or the PC bowl (yuck!), don’t panic. There is something that you can do immediately to save it.
What To Do:
Turn it off immediately, and if the battery is removable, do remove it
Immerse the phone in a container of dry uncooked rice for about 8 hours
Put the battery back in and turn it back on.
Why rice? Rice is an absorbent and so absorbs moisture. When you immerse your wet phone in rice, the rice absorbs the moisture without putting your phone at the risk of heat. Sunning your wet phone can actually be damaging, as direct heat isn’t exactly what the doctor ordered.